Did that heading capture your attention? Good. This post is about bacon candy. That’s right: bacon candy. Two words that can bring the world together. This is a recipe that is so simple, even a child can do it!
One recipe, four ingredients
All you need is four ingredients: maple syrup, brown sugar, rub, and the glue that brings the meat-loving world together: bacon.
First, lay the bacon out on a sheet of parchment paper (foil will work, too). Second, drizzle maple syrup over the bacon strips. Next, shake some of your favorite pork rub on, then finally sprinkle brown sugar on top. Flip the bacon slices over and repeat on the other side.
Now that this is done, take them out to your smoker. For easy transfer to and from grill, I recommend a Bradley rack or cooling rack. Simply put in the grill to get some pecan smoke love at 275F for 45 minutes. It should look just the right amount of crispy: a little on the ends, but still soft enough to sink your teeth into.
These are super addicting and will make you a hit with your family and friends…if you don’t eat all of the bacon first.
- Eight strips thick cut bacon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons rub
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/8 Cup maple syrup
- Preheat smoker/grill to 275F. Use pecan wood (or whichever would you prefer)
- Lay out eight strips of bacon on either parchment paper or aluminum foil. Apply half of rub, brown sugar, and then maple syrup. Turn over bacon strips and repeat.
- Place bacon on cooling rack/Bradley rack and put in smoker for 45 minutes. Check after 30 minutes to best gauge when they are done to your liking.
- Remove from smoker, carefully pulling off the cooling rack.
Eat what you want and share the rest. If you share first, you may end up empty handed!